Survival with pets and how to determine if you can or should keep your pet.

Thomas Fry 8/15/2016 15:39
If you think about it survival is taking a minimal amount of equipment to survive a very bad situation. I always keep that in the back of my mind when making purchases in my everyday life, how will this help if I have to survive a situation. This thought pattern has changed the way I go thru life, while watching all the things that are going on in the world today. i live in Florida in the center part of Florida so I need to keep in mind that the state is long and narrow and can be affected from both sides as far as storms are concerned. I also looked up on the national nuclear database to get a possible places that a nuclear bomb might hit, and fortunately I am not in a city that FEMA says is going to be struct in a WW3 situation. You might ask what does all this have to do with pets, I will tell you. I have a cat, she is a lb tri-coat tabby that I am fond of and she has her own bug-out-bag with everything she will need for 3 months of survival. Yes go ahead and laugh, get it out of your system because if you do not have a prep for your animal that you will take with you, you might find that having a pet with you can get you killed. I say that for one simple reason, You have your BOB ready to go and say you have 3 dogs 50 pounds apiece. Are they trained? Have you spend time and worked with them or are they lap-top pets, you know the little or big dogs that don't listen and every time you take them for a walk, they will run. That is a bad animal in a survival situation. I you love your pet than you need to prep your pet also. Get your dog trained and cats can be trained too. I love animals but if I have to choose I will not make that animal suffer, I will put it down in a dire situation like a nuclear strike where there is going to be years till the world normalizes if ever again. Now just cause I have a cat I will give you the short list of stuff you need to have in your kitty BOB.


  1. Food supply should be light and sealed (no-air)
  2. 2 pounds of kitty litter for training to go outside (cat only)
  3. Any medicines or grooming aids like flea combs, brushes, etc.
  4. cloth-sided carry pouch 
  5. STOP clipping nails, the cat will need them, A cat without claws can not defend itself if you are outside like in the woods or camping area.
  6. Leash and collar (several)
  7. 100ft clothes line. to train the cat for your perimeter.
  8. water & food bowl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking News Obama gives Iran Billions

Welcome to Blue Collar Politics Radio Talk Show Blog

Boyan Slat unveils The Ocean Cleanup Interceptor/ Good idea?